Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Connecting the dots

Mind takes flight in an instance, while body is lagging or still, with little awareness of journey. Mind jumps rooftops and soars when I simply look out the window. There's marked separation, I feel it the most in commute. I was somewhere and left, now I'm somewhere else. Change of scenery noted but getting there -- not..Mind had wandered in route, to the night before, and I feel as I've just walked through walls. Where have I really gone ?..Where the mind took me or with the road ?..I go on going places until I'm home, feeling I've never left. Transcendental transit. Moments of brief awareness connect the dots, the trajectory isn't metric, it's mood points -- from feeling to feeling, sketchy, scattered shapes, the body assumes none, a mere portal, delivering me to what's next. Someone's universe clashes with yours and you feel your mind racing but don't make a move. Fight or flight while you sleep.. Bits and pieces, from episodic to epic..I fall into my day, I fall out. What makes it short or long is my intermittent presence, what I'll see and what will escape me. Awareness, awakening is always transient. All the sudden you see with such clarity..Dots connect again and you're by the river, dragonfly on your shoulder, dragonfly on your mind. You see destiny in destination. Until you move.Then it's all you have again, all you know. Only moments that stick with you matter. The rest is commute. Moments gathered define you. Notes in passing, years, places apart, random snapshots that read like a book, cohesive and clear, because you were aware at those moments and kept them. And that's all there was.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCTdr0nSP9Y

No comments: